Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Madness?

Hello to the small amount of people who will probably actually read this blog. I am new to the "blogging world" and I am just going to jump right in. For the last six years of my life I have been asking questions to myself, some of which are...well less than light hearted. Most of the questions are about death, love, and well normal teen angst. As I get out of this pubescent age I am seeing that most of the questions are answered in a plethora of ways. I will be blogging about the questions I ask and have been asked. This is post 1 of many, I hope you all find something in these posts helpful. Thank you in advance for reading.
Question one will address something that I know all to well. "Why am I not beautiful like she/he is?" This is the one question I have been asking and have been asked the most since I started middle school. To be honest, I don't know what makes them seem so amazing. Maybe its the charmed life, the beautiful flawless skin, or the perfect body. Something makes them beautiful. Just because someone is seemingly perfect doesn't make them beautiful. You can have the face of an angel but when you bleed its still red, when you cry your tears are still wet. They are just the same as you and I.
"Wow, she always has a smile on."
"Yea, she looks beautiful! Her life must be perfect"
Just because she is always smiling doesn't mean that her life is perfect. It actually might be a sign, when some people are in some kind of sad situation the way they try to fool everyone is smile. A smile is a beautiful sign of happiness, excitement, etc but it can also be a sign that something is up. something can be very wrong. Don't let emotions or physical things cloud your judgement! Just think, "Wow. She smiles all the time. I wonder what she is thinking"
"God I wish I looked like her/him! Her/His body is perfect."
The self esteem of a person should not be determined by what the other person looks like. That is just silly. I will admit to always looking at others and going "Damn...I look so ugly compared to them" but I am working on that. You body image is just what you look like. Whether you be black, white, fat, skinny, or any other form of adjective to describe the human body, you will always be the same in so many ways. She has pretty eyes, but you both bleed. He has a clear face, but you both feel the same pain if shot. In the point of view of god, we are all equal. Just because he/she is hot doesn't make you ugly. It makes you, You. Don't feel the need to strive to be like someone else. Power may be in numbers, but faces are one of a kind.
"Why am I not popular"
You are popular, but not with that group. Friends are friends. Just because the jocks don't notice you doesn't mean you have no friends. Look at your facebook, myspace, or any other social networking sights. You have thousands of people to be your friend. The "In" crowd is just a group of stereotypical kids who are probably half as fun as you! Take charge, challenge the norm and make your own friends. People who like you for who you are! People who get your off brand humor. Those are the people that matter. Be your own popular group!
"Why won't they stop picking on me!?"
The chances are is that you have been bullied at least one time since beginning middle/high school. Lord knows I have! The best advice I can tell you is ignore it. Just because they have something to pick on you for doesn't mean it means anything! Sure you are short, but think of it in a positive way! You are not short you are fun sized! Take that critique with a grain of salt. Don't let those kids ruin school for you! They just want to look cool and tough. They are probably hiding somethings of there own. Just ignore them. They are not worth getting upset over. Just be strong and ignore those jerks. They don't know you. How can they judge you?
My final words on this issue is. Be yourself. In the end you are the only person you have to please. If you are sad because you think you are unattractive, look in the mirror and say things that are beautiful. It sounds cliche but it is a very good way to see how lovely you really are! I hope that if you read all the way through this it was helpful in any way!
If you have a question you'd like to submit for me to help with send it to me at
[ reach.zach.davis@gmail.com ]. You will remain anonymous, unless you want me to post your name. If you do, just say the word and I will post your name. Thank you again for reading! I hope you got some help

-Zachary J. Davis

2 comments:

  1. Dear Zach,

    Read from start to finish, check. Moral to the story, check. Do I want to recommend others to read, check. Yes, this is good quality work. Mind if I share it with other people?

    Sincerely,

    The Character

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the perspective!! you might want to check out matthew2239.blogspot.com. I think you will like that one too:)

    ReplyDelete